Lions Clubs International
In 1917 Melvin Jones, a 38-year-old Chicago business leader, asked a simple and world-changing question – what if people put their talents to work improving their communities?
Almost 100 years later, Lions Clubs International is the world's
largest service club organization, with 1.35 million members in more
than 46,000 clubs and countless stories of Lions acting on the same
simple idea: let's improve our communities.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service organisation.
Lions were founded in Chicago in 1917 and now have more than 1.35 million members in more than 200 countries.
- How we do it From organising Boxing Dinners;
Golf days, Quiz Nights, Pig Races, Charity Shopping to shaking tins on
behalf of good causes - we run a programme of events throughout the year
to help the...
- Our code of ethics LIONS CODE OF ETHICS TO SHOW
my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to
the end that I may merit a reputation for quality of service. TO SEEK
success and to...
- Our stated purpose Lions Clubs International Purposes To create and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world. To promote the principles of good government and good citizenship. To take ...
- What we do We are part of Lions Club International - Lions Clubs – Ready to Help, Worldwide Whenever
a Lions club gets together, problems get smaller. And communities get
better. That's because we...
- Who we help Lions of Stowmarket & District Presentation evening Thursday 16th May 2013 To
introduce the evening we were treated to fabulous voices and music from
Eve Betts, Danielle Paterson and Anna...